Saturday, April 2, 2011

Sport turns back time

I’ve been busy for the past 3 days going in and out of Petaling Jaya Stadium. It was inter-school sport for Petaling Jaya zone. my son, Adri represented his school. He was assigned to participate in the Long jump, 100m hurdles, 1500m and 4X400m event.

300320112031 300320112021 300320112042 300320112039

Immediately the feeling came back. The feeling of being one of the representative of my high school, Sabah College. 100m, 200m, 100m hurdles and 4X100m were my events then. I could still feel the nervousness, the eagerness and the fear of the sound of the BANG!!! I didn't win, but glad to be among the schools’ athletes. Those feelings came back to me.

My hubby and I were telling Adri about both our participations in our old school. We let him know that both his parents were also athletes long-long-long time ago. Indirectly we were telling him how proud we were for him being as what we were.

Adrisport-3

I screamed my heart out when Adri, (in blue) running to the finishing line in 4X400m event. That was one of my favorite event.

He didn't win except for a bronze, but I am so proud of his performance and his sportsmanship. The challenge he portrayed was excellent. To me, he is the winner. He never give up. He fought to the finishing line.

“I will try again next year”, he said it with a strong will. Thats my boy. Like mother like son, if there is such a phrase.

No comments: