Friday, April 22, 2011

Silver Arowana in the thinking

Thru my brother, I was given a fish. Its about 1.5 foot long. I accepted the offer to be the new guardian for this silver fish.

IMG_9429

I was willing to take it mainly because I like its romantic name, ‘Arowana’. Little that I knew that, the fish is also called ‘monkey fish’ or “river monkey” due to their aggressive jumping nature and they are notorious for committing suicide by jumping out into the dry. Two of my Facebook friends(Amin & Rafihi) told me that theirs committed the deadly act. There went their money on buying the River Monkey. Now I have to make sure the temporary container is heavily topped.

Do you know that….

Silver Arowana are primitive, prehistoric fish?

They actually have teeth on their tongue?

They may reach up to 4 feet /120 cm in length?

Now you know.

And now I’m dealing with this beautiful creature. I’ve got to do some reading on how to take care of this fish. Hey..!! this is NOT FAIR..!!

I got the fish yesterday, without having a chance to shop for an aquarium and without having thought of where shall I place the aquarium within this space limited casa of mine.

Left corner? right corner?

IMG_9419 IMG_9420

Let go one of my couch?

IMG_9421

Or let it try its luck swimming together in my man-made tiny in-house pond with my 2 cannibalistic turtles? Woooo….big dinner.. (Turtles thinking).

  IMG_9423 IMG_9437 IMG_9438   

For now, I will just let it gets familiar with the house temperature and stay in this plastic container until I find a better place for it.

IMG_9434

Welcome to my house Princess Arowana…!

No comments: