Saturday, April 16, 2011

Trip ‘Balik Kampung’

‘Balik Kampung (buhleek-come-poong) is a Malaysian slang to describe an occasion of going back to one’s hometown. I am, at the time of posting this journal, on my way to balik kampung. I will be meeting my parents and siblings and nephews and nieces.

I’m coming home..!! I’m coming home..!!

I will be there just for a night stay, before I fly to Kota Kinabalu for a meeting, then back to Kuala Lumpur, where I left my hubby and kids, right after the meeting.

I took the 9 O’clock flight from Kuala Lumpur International Airport. With one stop as Labuan Island. As if the pilot could not wait to throw us out of the plane, the landing was terrible. I thought the airplane was gonna break into Two. I heard a lady screamed of horror when it touched down. This situation happened in almost every trip to Kota Kinabalu. I'm not sure if they were handled by the same pilot and am not sure whether to blame the pilot or the uneven landing field (whatever it is called).

Despite the rush landing did by Captain, called Hamzah, as I heard him introducing himself, the plane landed at Kota Kinabalu Airport 10 minutes late. When flying MAS airline nowadays, I do anticipate delays (sorry to say). While working on this posting, I heard an announcement, informing flight being delayed. Not surprising.

160420112377 

Anyway, wow..! nice view. Thank God and THANK YOU,Captain Hamzah, I reached safely. Upon embarking the plane , I rushed to where the transit counter used to be. MOVED TO GATE A6..!!!! @@@#$#@@@!!!. Cant they make up their mind???

I wasted another 10 minutes looking for the counter. The friendly lady said I have to get my boarding pass at the checkin counter.Thats another 15 minutes. Argghhh..forget it. ..!

So I missed the earlier flight to Lahad Datu. That gives me 4 hours wait to the next flight. I am now, waiting and blogging.

Hearing the news, my country men on the other side of the Borneo Island, Sarawak, has started their election. I’ve lost track of the current political matters. Not my interest, anyway, but, I’m interested to know if the current Chief Minister, Taib Mahmud could still win after 30 years of holding the post.

Lahad Datu..!!!! Here I come..!!!

No comments: