Sunday, July 25, 2010

Another full Saturday

It was a very long working days last week, having such a long things-to-do list, I was running crazy, trying to complete the incomplete work, making calls and bunch of emailing. I just want to reduce any pending works, for me to have a pleasant 2 weeks journey, by the first week of August.

At last I woke up on my long-longed Saturday. Late night sleep somehow dragged my doze to almost 8am. RUSHED! it was time to be at my in-laws for a family gathering. I reached the house feeling guilty(for a short while), seeing the others busy organizing perfect lunch arrangement.

Hah..! My sis-inlaw, Tuty was there, marked that I dont need to worry about anything. She could handle the pre-arrangement as good as her mummy, especially with a helping hands from her lecturer sister,Diana, her perfect husband, Wan and the others. and of course, Mas and Irad being the live-in guests eliminated all the worries further. Indonesian slang says ‘Semua Beres’(all taken care).

I pretended busy too, but it didnt work. I quitted and acquitted.
IMG_7935 IMG_7936 IMG_7937 IMG_7938 IMG_7939 IMG_7940 IMG_7941 IMG_7942 IMG_7943      IMG_7962 
It was a small  gathering attended by close relatives neighbors and friends, to commemorate my parents in-laws’ 50th Wedding Anniversary. Among the guests are Ghouse’s family, KaK Aisya (mummy’s friend), another neighbor, Kak Rokiah, the aunty next door and cousin Nina, who came a little later. Long live Papa, Mummy.
IMG_7967      IMG_7973 IMG_7974 IMG_7975   IMG_7978 IMG_7980   IMG_7984 IMG_7987    IMG_7991    IMG_7995 IMG_7996  IMG_7993
During the well-wishing sweet prayers recited by the family well-known relative, Mohd Ghouse, I broke into tears. I was touched that we, my hubby, myself and my Son Adri, were included in everyone’s prayers. We were well-wished on our coming journey to be close to Allah. Ameen…

Ghouse did a little bit of preaching, touching a few interesting and life-beneficial topics. He is really good in his communication and preaching skill.

All the siblings of my hubby were there, except the eldest, Kak Didi and family, who could not make it to the occasion. I miss her attendance. So, I played my role being the eldest sister, assisting my Mummy, being a co-host.
hmm…. I actually did some work there.
IMG_7969IMG_7968
IMG_7997IMG_7994IMG_7988
I asked for forgiveness from everyone. Its a norm as part of the preparation prior to visit to the Holy land. Again, I could not hold my tears.

Next, the highlight of the day. Eating event. Varieties of food were ready on the table. We ate then we chat and chat and chat. Too bad that Diana (youngest sis-inlaw) had to leave early, attending a college convocation.
IMG_8033 IMG_8034
I actually did a good job on another role. I helped to eat.

Time flies, it was over and time to say goodbye. But , wait! Lets continue chatting and snap some photographs. The kids, but the moody 5 yrs old Reza, were enjoying themselves.

IMG_8035  IMG_8037 IMG_8059IMG_8038   IMG_8041 IMG_8042 IMG_8043 IMG_8046  IMG_8048   IMG_8051                IMG_8067
Too bad Ghouse family could not stay too long. His youngest and the fairest, Reza, has started his whining engine. Time to go Mummy, Daddy……..
 IMG_8066IMG_8040IMG_8058IMG_8052
Time to go back. Me too, Reza.
IMG_8065IMG_8064IMG_8062

When I reached home, I didnt really had a good rest, as I had to go to the gym. I’ve set my mind to be fit and healthy prior to my trip.
Then ......

Ting.! Tong!

That was Vivi, my cute little niece. She is spending a night with his loving cousin sister, Nadia.
IMG_8073
I spent about an hour at the gym and it was past 7pm. reaching home was a direct transition to the kitchen chores and a quick dinner. Meanwhile, a plumber were up at the attic, repairing whatever supposed to be repaired.

Johnson is our long-known plumber cum electrician. We trust this honest guy. He knows in and out of the house eversince we were living in the old place.
IMG_8074

Then at 8pm……..
again...

Ting.! Tong.!

Adri’s friends came over. About 7 of them. They came to rehears their singing performance. Adri as be their guitarist. And guess who they expect to choreograph and teach them vocal? ME.
‘Vivi my niece, Johnson the plumber and shy singers are in the house’
 IMG_8075  
Oh! ya! I had another exciting moments in between those event. Very very exciting. My daughter showed me a baby snake found by my maid at the back of my kitchen door, probably killed by a familiar-to-us stray cat. WHOA…!!!!!
IMG_8072
There must be something between me and this creature. I seem to encounter them everywhere I go. You may want to go through my old postings again to double check on this statement of mine.

And Y’know what? As I was ready to bed, I switched on the TV just for a little rest on the couch. Co-incidentally, it was switched to National Geographic channel. And guess what was on the show?  guys juggling the jungle and encountered THE BIGGEST SNAKE I’ve ever seen.
IMG_8092  IMG_8089
That's it! I have a strong feeling that I was born with a snake as my twin.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUKS.......kak faida, u and your snake.What other naimals do you have at your home? I wonder!Hmmmm
sis, lucky you know your duty for the day...role as elder sister (tough duty tu).well it is team work that makes every gathering a joyful one,YES.....we make a good team here .. everybody knows their role & play it well.
Reading thru your activity for the day......penatlah!But good for you, after the work out....it will give you mare stamina! keep it up sis...SALOMA is on the way! 2T

Anonymous said...

My dear sis 2T,
Dont be surprise if I have to impose an entrance fee to my house. Its going to be a mini zoo. Snakes, tortoise in many species, fish, species of frogs also,fireflies, and few species of other endangered insects.

About the gathering, it was good, simple and success. Untung Mummy dapat anak-anak macam ni. Dont for get the perfect menantu di dapur tu. We all susah without her. Being the eldest sister(since Kdd wasnt around), I couldnt do much, nanti Mummy marah kalau 'sakit jari2ku'.

Yes,Its always fun being under the same roof. Should do this more often.I will miss the gathering and the food for 2 weeks,soon.

Regrads,
Saloma wannabe

Anonymous said...

dear kakfaida,

dont over do it as eldest sis will get mad if you take over her POST...ha ha ha, BTW my husband is not perfect BUT he is perfect for me and that's all that matters, cinta itu buta bukan go round and round tiang rumah.
littlesisD

Faida said...

Dear littlesisD,
oh of course not. No matter what, eldest sister still the top of the top. The POST is already fixed.

and says who your husband is not perfect? someone who could come up with excellent dishes , still not considered perfect? thats crazy.To Nadia, he is a perfect uncle and to me , a perfect BIL.Could you ask him to pass some left over food to our house.

My hubby is perfect too. tiang-tiang at the play ground dah licin buat pusing-pusing bollywood act.

Anonymous said...

soma for sale carisoprodol dosage 700mg - buy soma az