Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Weekend Without Nadia ?

Nadia said she could not come home this weekend. I thought I will have a restfull weekend without driving all the way to Perak again, for once. But no..no.. her father insisted we drive all the way to spend a couple of hours with her. We did. We left home at 7 am and reached her at 9.30am.

With a good co-incident, her grandma cooked  ‘Nasi Tomato’. She enjoyed the food so much, while her parents watched. She updated us on what was happening around her, within her living in the college. Through ‘remote assessment’ I am getting to know the character of each of her roommate.

After food, we drove to the nearest shopping mall in Ipoh, about 20 minutes from her college. Jaya Jusco is being addressed as ‘JJ’ among the students. I was puzzled when I heard her said ‘We are going to JJ’. Upon exiting the school gate, we picked up 2 of her schoolmates who were heading for the same destination. Like most of her classmates, Nadia chose to remain in her school outfit, well covered, respecting the surrounding. I respect you, my daughter.



Reaching the shopping mall, she slipped into her normal dressing, revealing her 'home-looked mama's girl', to her mom's preference. Shame on her mom...!.


 IMG_7838 IMG_7839 IMG_7840   IMG_7825

We let her had her favourite food, Shusi. She bought all her necessities at the shopping mall before we drove her back to the boarding school at 4:30pm.

Off we went towards south highway. We were not driving back home, instead, we headed to Shah Alam for another family gathering. I would say ‘seafood gathering’. Along the way, I was already thinking of my favourite dish Sweet & Sour Crab.

Halfway driving, I received a text message from LittleSisD “ Change of venue. The crab place terbakar dah” , informing that the place had burnt down. The group then headed to another restaurant, which has the crab dish cooked just the way my hubby and I like it. It was a better choice after all. Nice ambiance and perfect scenery by the lake Tasik Indah, Shah Alam.
IMG_7851 IMG_7852 IMG_7853 IMG_7854
After dinner, the whole group drove Reza (the eldest nephew of my hubby’s family) back to his hostel, wishing him good luck and good bye. That was his first night living in to the university’s hostel.
Next, everyone rushed home not to miss the World Cup 2010 match. Argentina vs Germany. Argentina was trashed by 4 goals.

No comments: