Thursday, July 22, 2010

Food for thoughts- Appreciate every event of our life.

I stopped by a workplace of my friend cum client. He is a film director at one of the local art academy. I watched him browsing through clips and clips of moving videos done by his students. He cut them, counting by seconds. He uses the term ‘blade’, which to my understanding is ‘cut the film’. He then dumped all the cut clips into another file, then rendered them into a single format, added a background music into it.  Towards the end, the total  period exceeded the actual time required.

Next, he made another round of ‘blading’, shortening  further, the main file. Hundreds of digitized video were crashed into a 5 minutes presentation. 2 hours spent working on the 5 minutes show and it was time for me to leave for my lunch.

Throughout my observation, I was thinking about life. Life is full of colors and dramatic events, while our mind is just a small compartment. Too small to capture every second of the event. Throughout our life, we are selecting only the highlight of the event then chuck the rest of them, without realizing the those memories stored among the non-highlighted event were contributing to our knowledge, experience and maturity. They add colors to our life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i dont know y, but i felt teardrops when reading this...repaired the 1st one n it was ready 5mins b4 d event...sigh...what a life...

Faida said...

LOL!.. Have you ever heard of 'save-button'? This device could prevent teardrops.

and....getta mouse will ya!!!