Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Our parents are always waiting

 

I received a call a couple of days ago. It was a call from my mom. As usual, my first question is always asking if everyone is ok. Receiving a call from my mom would usually cause my heart beat faster than normal. Thank God they are all fine.

Next I ask why she called, just in case if there is any emergencies for me to attend or to hear. Then she said “Nothing in particular. I just called because I haven't heard from you for quite sometimes”.

Her answer put me in a mix feelings of guiltiness, sadness, humility and happiness upon her voice. Suddenly I realized that I have not called home for almost a month. “What kind of daughter I am?” I was asking myself out of guiltiness. My poor parents, sitting and waiting for their children to call every day and every minutes and here I am, busy with my work and my own activities.

Parents is just a phone call away. A phone call doesnt even cost much time and money. Some people have lost their parents forever and never come back. Children longing to have parents are many. And here I am, could not find time to visit my old folks.

Soon mom, dad, I will come home. I will call you every other day. I could not pay back those years that I didn't spend with you, but I will come home soon. I still have your love safely kept in me. Forever.

2 comments:

tano kemalak said...

sebak lak dada aku baca ni

Faida said...

Tano Kemalak,
Now I know your soft spot. Anyway, all along I knew you are a good son. Do call home often my fren, they will be happy.

Isnt it time for our next lunch together?