Monday, July 5, 2010

Lahad Datu-Old memories are coming back

Thru the facebook, my best friend during primary school got my contact. Thanks to Inday (Christita Abayon), who also our classmate then.

It was funny initially, when I told her that I did not remember her. The fact was, I didn't know her fullname. The whole class addressed her as Becbec, one of the person who I was hoping to meet ever since I came back from my study about 20 years back.

I was so excited to get hold of her again. She called me on a telephone and there were a lot more we wanted to talk about. One by one, names were mentioned. It was as if my brain was full of compartments, keeping all the names and their associated face. One-by-one those names came out from the compartment of my brain. I started to remember those old friends of mine from St Dominic Primary School. I could not recall their name, but I remember how their name pronounced. Deodasdo(Dee), Lok cheng Heng, Tai Nyuk Siam, Chu Li Moi, Chia Tet Hon, Josephine(deceased), Narajan Singh, Runai, Inday, Rosita, Ghazali, Anita oh..how I wished we could get together again someday.

5 comments:

J.T.PATRYCK said...

SO,...ITS MEANS YOU DIDNT REMEMBER ME .....WARGGHHHH..(CRYIN')....

Faida said...

My dear friend J.T.PATRYCK,
I have to tell you the truth that at the point of creating the post, I didnt remember you at all. Tu la ko.. terlampau pendiam dalam kelas.

BUT I do remember you now and that the most important.

Rahimah Abdul Rashid said...

Yukk.. you didnt remember me as well.. dunno bout the rest of those former classmates in Lahad Datu.. hope they still remember me.. I still remember few names that you've mentioned.. josephine (deceased).. inday, rosita, ghazali.. really longed to get in touch with them again.. to sit together.. to talk.. to laught with you and them. Hope the time will come for us to get back together.. please do suggest them to me on Facebook if you do have contact with them.. take care yuk.. love and miss you so much..

Faida said...

My dear friend,
You couldnt believe how excited I was upon getting your contact. I've been searching high and low for you Yukk. Thank God for giving us this technology.
But again...hmmm...were we a classmate in LD? So sorry for my absentmindedness dear.

Rahimah Abdul Rashid said...

Yuk.. i didnt remember when the exact date you leave Lahad Datu for KL.. but what i do still remember is we were classmate in 1976.. primary 6.. maybe for couple of months b4 u leave.. Thats why, i was so excited of meeting u back in Sabah College..