Thursday, May 26, 2011

All my batteries died on me

 

“Go direct to the meeting then only send this letter, or send this letter first?”

The  2 places I was about to go were not too far from each other. Later I decided to make a quick stop at where the said letter needed to be sent. I told the security guard that I weren't  gonna be there for too long, that I would be driving out in another 5 minutes. BUT, I never did.

Upon getting into my car, and as I switched on the ignition…silence…………..

My car wouldn't start...!!! Not an ekk! not an akk!.

SHARKKK..!!! obviously I missed the next meeting, which I hate it when it happens.

I grabbed my phone. BEEP..! BEEP..! “Oh No.!!” my mobile phone was giving indication of low battery. I made a quick call to a friend whose office is not too far. I was thinking that I could use his phone should my mobile phone died on me.

“I’m in a meeting”, was his answer. “Great, what a day”, I thought.

I was getting more beeping on my mobile phone then. I prayed for it to give me a another chance to make a call to my hubby. I managed.

30 minutes later, the Toyota assistant came to the rescue. I love you TOYOTA…

He came with a new battery Phew..!!

The car battery costs me RM205( USD 70). I checked my purse. Ops..! I didn't have that much in it, except for USD, which I didn't have a chance to use in my recent trip to The States. I offered him US Dollar, but he didn't want to accept. So we both drove to the nearby ATM machine to withdraw money.

I happily paid him extra amount for his kindness. Thank you Mr.Toyota.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

really sorry that day. baru start meeting masa u call tu so....glad it end up well

Faida said...

no problem my fren.

Aed batteries said...

So sad to hear your story. You can cheer up now. :)