Tuesday, May 10, 2011

What happened in the flight?

 

If you have not read the earlier posting titled ‘COLORFULL FLIGHT ATTENDANTS’…stop..!!! Do scroll down and read it…NOW..!!

070520112704

I was at Chicago airport then, waiting for my flight to Hong Kong. I could not get the killing of Ossama out of my mind. I prayed that nothing bad would occur at the airport. Please Allah, get me home safely, I prayed.

My guess was, the cancellation of flight a week before could have been related to what happened on that particular day. Ossama Bin Laden at last, killed by the US troop, in Pakistan. The news got me nervous, but I stayed calm at the boarding lounge, searching for anything interesting to pass time.

 080520112708

Pretending not to notice, I took a picture of these old couple who was in a midst of soft argument on who should move to which side of the seat.

“Move over here honey”

“No, you move over here”

“Let the others sit there, you come over here”

From the feature I could tell, the lady was Asian, the man, with long white beard was very much American, having pair of sharp blue-ish eyes.

“ok..ok..I’ll move over”

At last , the loving wife gave way to him, and moved next beside him.

080520112712

She  lovingly stroke his hair. “So, sweet”, I thought.

That was her who hysterically screamed in the flight. I was shocked. Everyone were shocked. I was sitting near the window and could not move to see what was happening, as the commotion was on the other side of the lavatory wall. I took a glance at the seat where her husband was sitting. He wasn’t there.

“Oh God, please don't let anything happen to him. Not now”, I prayed.

She was uncontrollably emotional. I heard the flight attendant asking if any doctors available in the flight. Another flight attendant tried to console the old lady and sent her back to her seat. I still could not see what was happening on the other side of the aisle. I tried to relaxed. I closed my eyes and prayed for the poor old couple.

By then I’ve forgotten the irritation I felt when the those over-aged, and unfriendly flight attendants of the United Airline said,

“DRINKS..?? WHAT DO YOU WANT..??”

“MOVE ASIDE”

“GO BACK TO YOUR SEAT”

I’m now giving credits to all the Asian airlines. No others could beat. Its a was a long haul 18.5 hours of journey and all I needed are smiley faces.

15 minutes later, a lady emerged from lavatory area. She was having stethoscope hanging on her. She was explaining to someone, something. I could not hear except the word ‘cpr’.

“CPR..??   ON HIM..?? with the beard?? ..WHO WOULD..????? “…Pardon me, that was just me talking to myself. In fact, if I have to, I would …(I think).

Anyway…understanding thru the lady’s body language, I could tell that nobody died and that was the only thing I needed to know.

Next, about 15 minutes later, I saw the old man slowly hand-held, returned to his seat. He was in total pale.

“phew..!!!’ I was glad to see him alive.

I walked pass the couple on the way out, embarking the plane upon reaching Hong Kong airport. I offered to carry their hand carries, but he refused, with smile on his face. I got a smiley face at last.

“ Thank you very much” He said. He gave me that appreciative look. I loved those beautiful blue eyes of his.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

unlucky you. if it were "Charles-Bandung" i think w/o asking u would have done the CPR....ha ha ha .2T

Faida said...

Charles?? woooo...that could have been cpr plus FOC massage. Opss..dont tell your bro.