Saturday, May 28, 2011

Is your mind like mine?

 

I needed a self pampering. Going for facial and get a shoulder massage were just a perfect idea. With one phone call, I managed to get a walk-in appointment at the nearest SPA.

She was very soft-spoken. She must be a new staff, as I’ve never met her before. I felt welcomed the moment I stepped in. As usual, I slipped in to a lose provided ‘sarong’ and she made me lied down comfortably on the bed in a dim lighted room, well prepared with nice aroma of therapeutic essential oil.

She started massaging my fore head, putting more pressure as she slid her thumbs down to under my ears. ahhh…!! what a feeling. Then she started massaging the back of my neck. Slowly moving lower and lower to my shoulder, yes!! I badly needed a message on my stiffed shoulder. The moment her fingers almost reaching my shoulder, she stopped and moved her hands up to my forehead. WHAT A BLOW..!!!

I quickly got up.

“Hey, listen here lady…… I didn't mind breathing on your garlic breath. I’m here to relax….to get a good shoulder massage like what got from your other colleagues. You hardly even touch my shoulder. I shouldn't be paying an amateur like you…!!!! You get out..!!!! and get me another person.”

I was thinking of telling her that but I’m not that cruel. I allowed her to get more experience, as this probably her first job. So I just laid back as she cleansed my face. I tried to blank my mind,closed my eyes tight and listened to the piped music.

I heard birds chirping. I opened my eyes. Wow…!! water fall right in front of me. I stood up and looked around me. The lady disappeared and I got up in a middle of a tropical green. What a picturesque scenery. Green and refreshing cool air..and those birds were happily hopping from one branch to another, some flew in a circle, and once a while wet themselves by flying close to the waterfall.

From down under the mountain, through the bushes, I could hear a haunting sound of flute. soft and soothing. I’ve heard that song, but could not remember where and when.

I was hearing the sound of waterfall, birds chirping and the flute. There were just awesome, creating harmonious song of nature.

“But how did I get in here??”, I wondered.

“ma’am”, I heard a voice calling me from the darkness. I was shocked.

The lady told me that the facial was over.

HUH..!!??? Its done..??

“oh..ok.. thank you”. Then she helped me to sit up.

I wasn't even sleeping then. I was just listening to the soul soothing, talismanic music. A sound of nature.

That's how wild my imagination could go. And that happens all the time. I don't think I could ever stopped my mind from thinking and imagining, unless…...the end.

Do you?

No comments: