Saturday, May 14, 2011

Another maid story

Her employer went on maternity to her hometown. Since mother in-law is available to take care of the baby, the lady asked this good maid to look for another job until she comes back from her maternity in 2 months time. Another  month to go from now.

Following instruction, she went. It wasn't easy for her to look for a job, so she tried many type of jobs including a heavy duty work at the construction. At last, she found us, thru our mutual friend. That was the story she told me. This happened within a week ago.

We accepted her to do the house chores for us. We offered her salary higher than her previous salary. She is a nice person and I like her.

Yesterday she told us, that, upon knowing she found a new employer, the lady called her and wanted her back. She had been calling her every now and then.

Although she felt unfair for that employer to have sacked her for 2 months without income, she could not say no to her. She said, the lady is a very determine employer. She is afraid to object.

I feel sorry for her weakness, but I wouldn't want to have such an opposite-to-smart person in my house either. Stupidity is contagious. Since my kids have grown up and I’m not desperate for her to stay, I let her go.

I hope she will find her strength to stand for herself soon.

Now I’m back to NO-MAID status.  ARGGGHH..!!!!&%$$##$#@@!!!

No comments: