Friday, May 20, 2011

The grays are coming

 

I used to dislike it when my late grandma insisted to put coconut milk on my scalp and my long-jet black-thick hair, then.

I was still in school and I never like the smell of stale coconut on my head. Anyway, out of respect, I never resisted her order.

The feeling of her hands caressing my hair almost every weekend are  very much engraved in my thoughts. I missed her so much. I miss her caress.

Guess what..?? I still continue the old practice, although not as often, but at least once a month, while the rest of my hair shampooing day, I would do with coconut oil, just before shampoo. I practice it for the love of my grandma.

“This will make you hair healthy and stay jet black through your older age”

She said that, every time when she started caressing my hair with coconut milk. I pretended to listen.

“ whatever..”, the little me, thought then.

30 years passed. My grandma has gone long before that. I noticed, and my colleagues of my age also reckoned, gray hairs started to emerge on their head, but, yet on mine.

Another 10 years passed to the present. Still I hardly find them on my head.

Today………………. AHAH..!!!! gotcha..!!

110520-greyish

It took more than 40 years for them to get me, while most 40-something fellows could have their head covered or their hair could have even gone forever (shining looking good).

Now I believe what my granny told me.

 Use coconut milk on your head for a healthy, shiny hair.

Step 1: slowly , pour coconut milk all over your scalp and hair. You may do it on the bath tub, to reduce a mess on the floor.

Step 2: wrap your hair with dry towel or shower cap and watch TV for 30 minutes. Dont sleep!!! you dont want your sofa or bed ended with stale coconut smell.

Step 3: Wash your hair with shampoo as you would normally do.

Despite the shampoo, you might still experience that oiliness and a slight coconut aroma, but , SO WHAT..??. Its weekend.

HAPPY TRYING…..!!!

But, sorry, I don't have a remedy for blondies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

alaaaaa abru nak minta resipi utk blond mcm aku....santan lebih boleh buat nasi lemak ke?

Faida said...

you're too late.you need an ICI paint. Dont waste the coconut milk. lebih baik guna santan tu buat nasi lemak sja.