Sunday, July 31, 2011

Appreciation of Arts and arts Related

 

Lately I’ve been posting about arts and related to art. Last 2 weeks I befriended an artist, who I found through his blog. Last week, after many years of its existence, I made an effort to visit The Malaysian National Art Gallery.

Also related to arts, today while having a last breakfast with my beloved hubby, prior to the fasting month (predicted to be tomorrow), I read from the local news,that we just lost someone with a big name, Syed Ahmad Syed Jamal. He died yesterday night, Saturday 30th July 2011.

Syed-Ahmad-Syed-Jamal

What a shame not to know a National Laureate holder like him. It was AFTER I learned about his death, ONLY, I bother to browse the internet, wanting know who we was and how he looked like.

It was then I appreciate what he had contributed to the nation. As an artist, he had also served as director of The National Art Gallery (1983-1991). That's the same art gallery that I visited last week

Many years ago, the gallery located somewhere near the main station of Kereta-api Tanah Melayu(KTM)I remember those days when I was still in a lower secondary school. I used to wait for a public bus with group of friends, right across the road from the old gallery. I was eyeing on the British era building, but never cross my mind, then, to stopby the place.

Now at this age, when its almost time to say ‘good bye’, I started to appreciate the invincibles and the intangibles like the creativities and credibilities, especially artists, writers, singers and song composers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what goodbye??? we just said hello....he was a great teacher a bunch of my fellow frens in the arts..went to the old balai...now i dont know what happened to the building...hope nobody decide to tear it down just to 'widen' some roads where nasi lemak is being sold...

Faida said...

you and your nasilemak trademark.
About the old balai,memang sayang if nobody maintain it.

Anonymous said...

nanti ko tak tahu jantan mana pulak yang menyebok menconteng dlm ur go-blog....hehehe

Faida said...

lol..! mengaku jantan.
u said it, not me.