Monday, July 11, 2011

She ate her placenta

 

Both, Nadia and I, were peeping through the curtain. We were happy, curious and  extremely anxious tonight. We pushed each other, couldn't wait for each other’s turn to look through the small opening. We didn't want to open the curtain wide, not to disturb her.

I looked curiously. She was, as if, mauling her baby.

“She is eating her..???”, suddenly I became nervous. Nadia too.

“No lah…that's just the placenta”, My mom, who happened to visit, explained. without even looking at what we were peeping at. It sounded normal to her but not to us.

“eyyeewww… she ate the placenta??” . Luckily I just had my dinner, then. I continued my peeping business, while Nadia, continued stuffing her food. Nadia had her dinner late. She could have lost her appetite hearing that statement.

My hubby kept on rushing me “lets go, it getting late” and I kept on telling him to wait.

I couldn't wait any longer. It was getting late. Half heartedly I had to leave her, giving birth alone, out there. Poor her. She was bloody. I could not help, neither could Nadia.

As planned,I went with my hubby to my in-laws’. I’ve planned to visit them since last week and the week before and another week prior to that week, and never did. But tonight, I told my hubby, “ lets go, it been a while since my last visit”.

The house is just 5 minutes drive from ours. I brought a set of new plastic containers with me, for my in-laws.

You asked “why plastic containers…?”

Because I like plastic containers. I could not help myself from buying them, but I don't have enough space to keep them in my kitchen. So, I bought them for my Mom-inlaw. She has plenty of space in her cabinet-full-kitchen.

Another reason for buying those containers….I’m feeling guilty for not returning many containers sent by my mom-inlaw to my house. Those containers were sent filled with food. Mummy is a good cook.

And tonight, I sent new containers to Mummy, but empty, except for a few Avocadoss flown from Sabah, picked from our own Avocado Trees.

We had a little chat with Papa and Mummy.It was quite late. We went home at around 10:30pm.

As I reached home……………..

“Mama, they are 2 babies, black and white”, Nadia told me, excited. I quickly peeped thru my curtain.

“oh ya….. 2 of them”, I joined the excitement.

We were so excited to see the 2 newly born kitten that we had been waiting for, for months.

Another stray cat of ours became a mother for the first time, tonight.

 

070420112280

Chengengs

Later I learned, she actually gave birth to 3 kittens.

Great..!! Soon we will have more cats guarding our backyard. No salary required.

Our next grocery trip shall include additional items. CAT FOOD for kitten.

No comments: