Saturday, July 2, 2011

I had to pay not to waste?

Its Saturday, my precious resting day, but I had to wake up very early to send my son to his Marathon Run at school.

RM 8.25 for a set of coffee, Fillet-O-Fish and hash brown. Those many times I ordered this set, I the hash brown ended in the dustbin because…

1. I don't like potato

2. reducing intake of carbohydrates

“gimme just the Fillet and coffee please”, I ordered. It was too early to go to my  favorite not-so-fastfood restaurant,then.

“A-la-carte?” She asked. Not that I speak French, neither did she, somehow we both understood what it means. In English it means ‘by-the menu’, which described as each item is priced separately.

I decided not to waste the hash brown this time. So I answered……

“Yes, a-la-carte”. I decided to reply in French too.

“That will be RM8.75”. She informed.

“But why do I have to pay extra 50 cents? I don't like has brown”. I told her.

“If you don't want to waste the hash brown, we are charging you 50 cents extra”

Omit the last dialog. No..no..no..she didn't say that. I simply interpreted the situation in such a way. RM8.75 I paid.

No comments: