Thursday, July 21, 2011

The bird flew before me.

 

Its Thursday already ?? That fast?

Time flies. So does  a bird.

I was at Penang Airport yesterday late afternoon. My flight was supposed to take off at 7:45pm didn't happen. I was told that there was a bird, flew in to the propeller. Bird juice, anyone…?

I sat back, relaxed and continued my munching at the waiting lounge. When the announcement was heard at 9pm, my business partner and I rushed to the boarding gate. We and a few others were told that the flight was full and they could not board us. WHAT???

We then were told to go to the next gate. There was another flight about to take off. We went. At the other gate, we were told that the business class was full and all our seat had to be downgraded to Economy class. HUH..????

Our families are waiting and we could not afford the time to put up another night. Nothing great about sitting among the VVVVVVIP, especially when I all I could see are longggg… faces. “Fine, I will take the seat”.

“you can get a refund from the MAS ticketing counter at KLIA, the staff informed. Good enough.

As we landed at KLIA, we headed towards the friendly staff at the ticketing counter.

“Sorry Ma’am, if you want to refund, we will charge refund fee of RM100”. WHAT..???

“Another option is, we will refund in a form of voucher, but you can only use it if you purchase your next ticket from the MAS office, not via internet” WHAT..?? WHAT??..WHAT..?????? AARRGRHHH…!!!!

I felt like killing the bird that caused me all the troubles, but its has committed suicide earlier.

It was almost midnight. I was tired and I realized there was no point of creating a scene. Plus I didn't feel like having confrontation. I had a good trip and needed a good night sleep. Instead, I picked up a complaint form and started filling in, practising my story writing skills.

I handed it over to her with smile.

If you have read my posting prior to this….you’ve got the answer now.

No comments: