Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I am who I am,who I was

Each time I find a long lost friend thru the Facebook, brings old memories back. They just popped out off my brain compartments. As if being hypnotized, I could turn back time to  20 – 30 years prior to my migration to the west.

I was too young to read their mind and was too naive to understand their feelings then. All I had in mind is sincerities of friendship. The naiveness left me with only 2 categories of groups. Those that I had fun to be with and those that could not accept my friendship as how I wanted it to be. One knows when I liked or disliked. Openness was the path I chose.

Openness at a young age somehow leads to a negative perception to some. I could have appeared as ‘naughty girl’, then, but to me, I love Allah, I love my family, I love my friends, I enjoyed what I did and had fun with what I am doing. Neither unnecessary stress nor depression is invited in my daily life. That's all it takes to my attempt of keeping those wrinkles less.

Back to the future, among those , only one who could accept me as who I was, and that's what am I, still, now. I married him. Whether he is lucky or unlucky, God knows. As for me, I am the luckiest.

And now, after going through this life for almost 50 years, I’ve forgiven everyone, although my naughtiness then, might have offended some people, who I am still searching to ask for forgiveness. ‘Sorry’ is not a shameful  word to say.

Come to think about it… I actually enjoyed my younger days and I had nothing to regret.

Life is an art, we do the paintings, while Allah gives us the creativities. We are who we want to be. Be sincere and be who you are and live simple life is the key I'm holding on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

part 50 tahun tu slow sikit....sigu....

Faida said...

Mr, Anonymous
sedar pun ya.. bagus..bagus..
Golden years.